Shri Ram Mandir Facilities Hire
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The following terms and conditions have been developed to ensure your event runs smoothly with minimal disruption. These Terms and Conditions should be read in full including any specific requirements.
Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions of Hire for your reference ensuring that you are aware of the responsibilities of hire. Your signature on the Terms and Conditions of Hire indicates your acceptance and agreement to comply.
YOUR BOOKING IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL AN APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED, APPROVED BY SHRI RAM MANDIR CHARITABLE TRUST AND A SIGNED COPY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS RETURNED. FOR CASUAL HIRERS, RECEIPT OF FULL PAYMENT AND SIGNED COPY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING.
General conditions of use
- All Hirers must be a legal entity. Shri Ram Mandir Charitable Trust reserves the right to ask for proof of legal entity. A legal entity is a registered group or individual who has capacity to:
- enter into agreements or contracts
- assume obligations
- incur and pay debts
- sue and be sued in its own right
- be accountable for illegal activities
- The person who makes the booking (or their representative as notified to Shri Ram Mandir) is required to be present for the duration of the event that the Community Facility is booked for.
- The stated capacity of the Community Facility must not be exceeded at any time. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to understand the capacity and ensure it is not exceeded.
- The Hirer must not allow any illegal activities to take place in or outside the Community Facility during the Hire Period.
- All statutory rules, regulations and bylaws in force shall be strictly observed by the Hirer.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure the health and safety of all persons attending their event.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to inspect the Community Facility at the commencement of the Hire Period to ensure its condition is safe and fit for the purpose of the hire. Any hazards should be reported immediately to the relevant emergency response and to Shri Ram Mandir on 022 681 1763
- All Community Facilities are designed for general use rather than a specific activity or function. The Hirer must consider the suitability of the particular facility for their Event when making a booking.
- The Hirer must not remove or permit the removal of any furniture, equipment or other contents from a Community Facility without the permission of Shri Arm Mandir.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the general public does not have access to the Community Facility, including the toilets, during the Hire Period.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, the Smoke-free Environments Act 1990 and the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 as they apply to the Hirer’s intended use of the Community Facility are met.
- No animals are permitted in a Community Facility, other than guide dogs for the visually impaired, registered companion animals or official animals of the NZ Police (except in the case of animal shows and exhibitions but subject to compliance laws).
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to contact the Police immediately if there are any safety concerns from a person(s) disorderly behavior.
- The Hirer must ensure that the respective noise levels are not exceeded during the Event.
- The Hirer must ensure that a parent or designated caregiver, who is at least 18 years of age, accompanies all children under 10 years of age.
- Notwithstanding any other provision contained in this Agreement, Shri Ram Mandir may refuse admission to any person or require any person attending the Event to leave the Community Facility at the sole discretion of any Shri Ram Mandir staff member.
- Nothing in this Agreement creates a landlord – tenant relationship between parties.
- All persons signing this Agreement (whether as a director or other authorised signatory) shall be bound personally to abide by all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and to fulfill all of the Hirer’s obligations under this agreement as a principal debtor.